The School Nurse is responsible for:
- Administration of medications
- Management of medical conditions that occur during the school day including, but not limited to asthma, severe allergies, diabetes, and seizures
- Assessment, care and treatment of minor illnesses and injury that may occur during the school day
- Health Counseling
- Prevention and Control of communicable diseases
- Monitoring immunizations for each student as required by the State of Indiana
- Health screening for students including vision
You can also reference our District Health Services page for more information.
If you have questions that are not included on our District Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page, please contact your building nurse for assistance.
Meet the Fishers High School Nursing Team!
I went to Ball State University and got my nursing degree. I have been a nurse for over 25 years. I’ve worked here at FHS for the past four years. I’ve got five kids who are all in the school district so it’s nice to be on the same schedule with their breaks.
I’ve been a nurse at FHS for the past seven years and graduated Indiana Wesleyan with my nursing degree. My favorite things to do are watch my kids participate in sports.
I graduated from IU with my nursing degree. I have three kids and I enjoy hanging out with them and running.